Text Of The Du’as Mentioned In The Video
1. ‘I seek forgiveness from Allah (3 times), O Allah, You are As-Salam (Peace), From You is all peace, blessed are You O Possessor of majesty and honour. ’
Thawban, one of the companions r.a, reported that the Prophet (saw) would recite the istighfar (seeking forgiveness) three times before reciting this Dua after every prayer. (Sunan At-Tirmizi)
2. Mu’adh (bin Jabal) (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: ‘The Messenger of Allah (saw) held my hand and said, “O Mu’adh, By Allah, I love you and advise you not to miss supplicating after every Salah saying: ‘Allahumma a’inni ‘ala dhikrika wa shukrika, wa husni ‘ibadatika,’ (O Allah, help me remember You, expressing gratitude to You and worship You in the best manner)“
3. The Prophet (saw) used to say after every obligatory prayer: “There is nothing worthy of worship except Allah Alone, Who has no partner. To Him belongs the kingdom, to Him praise is due, and He has power over every thing. O Allah no one can withhold what You have given, or give what You have withheld and riches cannot avail a wealthy person against You.” [al-Bukhari and Muslim].
4. ‘God: there is no god but Him, the Ever Living, the Ever Watchful. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. All that is in the heavens and in the earth belongs to Him. Who is there that can intercede with Him except by His leave? He knows what is before them and what is behind them, but they do not comprehend any of His knowledge except what He wills. His throne extends over the heavens and the earth; it does not weary Him to preserve them both. He is the Most High, the Tremendous.’
Abu Umamah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever recites the ‘verse of the Throne’ (ayat al-kursi) after every prescribed prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entry into Paradise but death.” (al-Nasa’i)
5. ‘In the name of Allah, the All-Merciful, the Most Merciful.’ – ‘Say, ‘He is God the One, God the eternal. He begot no one nor was He begotten. No one is comparable to Him.’ (Surah al-Ikhlas 112)
‘In the name of Allah, the All-Merciful, the Most Merciful.’ – ‘Say [Prophet], ‘I seek refuge with the Lord of daybreak against the harm in what He has created, the harm in the night when darkness gathers, the harm in witches when they blow on knots, the harm in the envier when he envies.’ (Surah al-Falaq 113)
‘In the name of Allah, the All-Merciful, the Most Merciful.’ – ‘Say, ‘I seek refuge with the Lord of people, the Controller of people, the God of people, against the harm of the slinking whisperer– who whispers into the hearts of people– whether they [the whisperer] be jinn or people.’ (Surah al-Nas 114).
Uqbah ibn ‘Amir reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, commanded me to recite the two chapters of refuge, al-Falaq and al-Nas, at the end of every prayer. (Al-Nasa’i)
6. Abu Hurayrah (ra) reported from the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him):
“Whoever glorifies Allah (says Subhan Allah ) thirty-three times immediately after each prayer, and praises Allah (says Al-hamdu Lillah) thirty-three times, and magnifies Allah (says Allahu akbar) thirty-three times, this makes ninety-nine, then to complete one hundred says Laa ilaha ill-Allah wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulk wa lahul-hamd wa huwa ‘ala kulli shay’in qadeer (There is no god except Allah Alone, with no partner, His is the power and His is the praise, and He is Able to do all things), his sins will be forgiven even if they are like the foam of the sea.”
Learning Khushu’ Is Obligatory
It is obligatory for us to pray in a manner that has presence of mind, concentration, and humility. We must strive to develop this. Our course on Khushu’ will help you. Please consider taking it.